Tuesday 26 June 2007

I wish I was a speed reader...

I'm sitting in a room of wall to wall books....

Sounds delightful, does it not? And indeed it is.
My daughter is across the park at school and I have already chosen an armful of books for her (I have corrupted her from a mere sappling - she's totally addicted to books already...yaay!), and seen at least another dozen or so that I would like to take out myself...but I cant.

My card is full.
My shelves at home are full.
My "to-read" list is leagues long.

I wish I was a speed reader so that I could read all the books I want to.

Or maybe it would be nice if I could absorb all the stories osmosis style; just from having them on my shelves. (A similarly nice idea would be if just by having fitness dvd's, or at most, watching fitness dvd's, could transform my body to it's pre-baby condition).

So many books.. so little time.

No comments: